Citizens of the European Union
On 7th June 2009 elections to the European Parliament will be held.
1. If on 7th June 2009:
- you are 18 years old and above,
- you live lawfully and permanently in Poland,
- you are not deprived of voting rights in the EU Member State of your citizenship,
you have the right to vote on the elections to the European Parliament in theterritory of Poland.
In order to vote in the elections it is obligatory to enroll in the register ofvoters. In the Gmina Office, where you live, submit the application and make a statement about your voting right until 8th April 2009.
Specimens of the application and the statement can be found in the gmina office or at the website www.mswia.gov.pl
2. If on 7th June 2009:
- you have the right to elect members of the European Parliament,
- you are 21 years old or above,
- you have no criminal record for a wilfully committed crime,
prosecuted on the basis of an indictment,
- you have lived permanently in Poland or in the territory of another EU state for at least 5 years,
you have the right to stand for a Member of the European Parliament in theterritory of Poland.
Candidates for seats in the European Parliament are proposed by ElectoralCommittees.